Corporate Privacy Statement
CORPORATE PRIVACY STATEMENT
How we collect and hold personal information
Usually we will obtain your personal information directly from you, however, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as credit reporting bodies (CRBs) and other credit providers. We may collect personal information about you from time to time without you being aware that we have done so.
If we are not able to obtain your personal information we may be unable to provide the credit, goods and/or services you require (or that an entity related to you requires) or continue our relationship with you (or any entity related to you).
Purposes for collecting personal information
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we have available from time to time;
- if we are providing you (or an entity related to you) with credit, to assess your credit worthiness (or the credit worthiness of the entity related to you which is receiving the credit);
- for our internal management purposes, to manage our relationship with you ( or any entity related to you) and to manage the payment and recovery of any amounts payable to us; and
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities.
Credit reporting bodies
We may exchange your personal information with the following CRBs:
- Veda Advantage Ltd - (www.veda.com.au);
- Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd - (www.dnb.com.au);
- Experian - (www.experian.com.au).
You can obtain copies of the above CRBs' privacy policies which deal with how they use personal information from their websites (as detailed above).
If you fail to make a payment to us as and when due or commit a serious credit infringement we may disclose details of such events to CRBs. A CRB may use such information (and other personal information provided to them by us) in reports given to other credit providers to help assess your credit worthiness.
You have certain rights to request that CRBs do not use credit reporting information about you if you believe on reasonable grounds you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud. If requested by us, a CRB may use credit reporting information about you to assess whether you may be eligible to receive direct marketing communications from us (i.e. pre-screening). You have the right to request that CRBs do not use credit reporting information about you for this purpose. If you would like to make a request of the kind mentioned in this paragraph, please contact the above CRBs direct.
How you may seek correction of your information or make a complaint
Our contact details
Please direct all complaints and queries in relation to your privacy to: Privacy Officer, at Discovery Parks.